About Me

15 February 2009

There are some things that make me happy.


This is Kooba, the love of my life. We think he's part terrierist and part Snufaluffapuss. Thanks to the interweb, I can see him any time I desire. Of course, I can't feel his really soft, fuzzy ears and I can't smell him or lay in bed with him nestled in the crook of my arm.

Kooba is the product of a successful co-foster/adoption situation, which, in the end, resulted in his moving across country to Brooklyn, NY. One of the saddest days of my life was the day I drove away from him. He scampered up the stairs to his new and rightful owners, Ben & Patty, barely looking back, because he's a dog and he didn't know that we were to be separated. Anyone who thinks I'm a little heartless should know that it chokes me up just to write this, even years later.

I was able to see Koobs while I visited NY last year and his initial reaction was priceless. It took him a split second to recognize me and then he spun in circles and peed all over. I was able to walk him in Prospect Park a couple of times and was overjoyed to see him be so well-cared for and loved.
flickr.com/photos/bgmckay/sets/72157612866864528/show/with/3218416362/
for a Koobacentric slideshow.


Thanks, Ben and Patty. I know you love him even more than I, if that's possible.

1 comment:

  1. Yes he was one of the most special dogs I have ever met ...
    You helped to save him you should be proud of that ...

    ReplyDelete