About Me

18 February 2009

How Do They Sleep At Night?

This morning, I plan to email MSNBC again, and inquire as to why they continue to allow Andrea Mitchell to host her own show, in light of the fact that she is married to one of the architects of The Great Depression, Part Deux. Time Magazine lists him as #17 on a list of twenty five blameworthy parties. What a great moment not to be Number One!

It wouldn't be an issue for me if she were reporting on, say, sports or entertainment news, but she gets to comment on the state of the economy every day. The economy that is teetering on collapse. She gets to ask questions of the players. I just don't
believe that she can be objective and non-partisan. During the run-up to the election, while the economy began spiraling downward at an alarming rate, there were a couple of interviewees that accidentally dropped the suggestion that she might know the answers to her own questions better than they, due to her proximity to the source of some of our woes. God bless 'em.

On a side note, it's a little ironic that all of these talking heads on TV have more job security, the more difficult things get. Because they get to talk about it in even more depth. And not really say anything.

I do like Contessa Brewer. First of all, her name is Contessa, which makes her seem vaguely regal. After watching her most mornings, I'm pretty sure that I'd like to be her friend and she's living proof that you can actually do something with a degree in Broadcast Journalism.

So, MSNBC is going to get a page-full from me today and while I'm at it, I'm going to suggest that they do something with Joe Scarborough. And, by "do something," I mean get rid of him. He's a Republican Baptist attorney from Florida. What's not to hate?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know; but there's always the argument that James Carvil is Married to a right winger. also Greenspan worked in the clinton and bush administration. I just wish he'd shut up. it's been a long understanding that once they retire they should never be heard from again, and he just keeps poping up.
    what gripes my ass the most is that Greenspan in 02 was calling david, I would take the calls for him. david would always put him on speaker phone and of course I was privy to their conversations. I recall one where Alen was concerned about Fanny and Fredy and how they were handling their books, that the money wasn't really there. david was in agreement with him it was about how leveraged they were. david said something to the effect to Alen that it's going to come back and bite them in the ass. Alen was really unhappy about the situation but was in no position to do anything, well, at least that's what he expressed. so, when I hear all these CEO's and folks from the treasury say "they didn't see this comming" I know it's total B.S. They all knew. Alen knew it was all a house of cards and did nothing to prevent it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to mention, he's not too easy on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete