About Me

20 February 2009

Oh, The Scourge












Do you have these funky things on the sidewalks of your town? I swear, when I get some time, I'm going to mount a campaign against them because they are a blight.

I want to know who's making money on this deal; I'll start with them first. In this photograph, taken at one of our more upscale retail intersections, I was only able to include half of these unsightly dispensers. There are sixteen ON ONE CORNER. I want to know why that's necessary or acceptable.

Maybe a call to the Mayor's office is a good place to start. I predict a run-around of at least a half dozen phone calls ("I'm sorry, but you'll have to call ______Department of ____."), only to discover that I will have to attend some sort of supervisors' meeting where nothing will be accomplished beyond a considerable amount of hot air being moved around.

I'm serious. We need more beauty in this world, not more crap on our sidewalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment