About Me

22 April 2009

Really Alarming

Category: Really Useless. (Sub Category: Scam) Item: Car alarms.

It's fucked up when a car alarm goes off just because some other (loud) vehicle drives by. Who sets their car alarm during the day? Do alarms really keep thieves from breaking into cars? I don't think so, because no one takes notice of activated alarms due to the 98% incidence of non-break-in-activation.

I would like to know the connection between the insurance companies, which give you a "discount" for having an alarm system, and the alarm manufacturers. Call me cynical, but I'm pretty sure there is one.

2 comments:

  1. Let me drag my own soapbox out here for a second. You mean like the fucktard who drives his Earthdestroyer out to Little League games and parks right up front. Like his Chubby MacHummer is going to get stolen in front of several hundred witnesses?

    And yeah. The alarm goes off EVERY time. Peeps are walking by with folding chairs, gear bags, spare crotch fruit (siblings) etc. What a surprise that it gets bumped into -not.

    Now depending on where his kid is playing, it can take quite a while for Mr. Hum'nDumber to waddle slowly across the field to re-set it.

    Yanno, I'm sorry he's 300 lbs and then some. But he needs to break it into a jog or not set the alarm. Preferably the latter, of course.

    I have a compressed air boat horn and I know how to use it. I'm very tempted to follow him next time, with the boat horn at full blast. Might put a bounce in his step?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you for this very reason.

    ReplyDelete