About Me

10 March 2009

I Never Knew


I watched The Pope of Greenwich Village for the first time tonight. Beyond the obvious talents of Rourke and Roberts, I found myself asking why anyone would cast Daryl Hannah in anything. Can you say, "flat?" I don't get it. Never have. Although, I do think we share similar world/political views. Go figure.

Mickey (he spells it like the Mouse) is great, but I think Eric Roberts shows real genius in his portrayal of a pseudo-goomba, considering that he's born in Biloxi, MS. Nice perm. His intensity is...well...intense. He should work more. A few years ago, I heard that he gave up smoking pot after twenty five years. That must have been some habit.

It should be noted that, during the late eighties and early nineties, I went through an "Eric Roberts phase" (my then-roommate worked at a video store and supported my habit); I'm not sure how I missed out on this gem.

2 comments:

  1. Great. Forever in my memory banks.
    Mickey 'he spells it like the mouse' Rourke. Mind if I lift it for one of my "fun facts"?

    In fact, I'll trade you. Here: hamsters don't have bellybuttons. A fair exchange of rodent trivia.

    Sorry, off-topic. About Eric? He reminds me of my first boyfriend. Though he may have changed. That's for the parole board to determine.

    Still off. Hmmm. Oh! Daryl Hannah. She looks like my kid sister. Even sounds like her. Not the brightest crayon in the box, but you can make a pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But hamsters do have tiny little nipples.

    ReplyDelete